We can arrange home delivery for £9. This can be to your home, work, friend or family member on a day of your choice (Tuesday to Friday).
We have found DPD couriers to be very reliable over the years and you can:
1. Choose the day of delivery;
2. Receive a text from DPD couriers confirming the one hour delivery slot when they load your local van on the morning of delivery. If you need to be out during this hour, you can divert the parcel to a specific neighbour or the nearest Halfords / another specified shop;
3. Upgrade to a guaranteed before 12 midday service for an additional £5 (£14 in total). This applies for most mainland UK addresses. Some remote Scottish and Island addresses may be a little more (£19 - £29).
We play every instrument before sending (using our own mouthpieces). We then re-pack it carefully, either in the manufacturers original cardboard carton, or a suitable alternative, and wrap any additional accessories in bubble wrap.
We send a lot of instruments for Christmas and birthday presents. Please let us know if you need it sent in plain packaging as there is no extra charge for this.
On receipt of your order, We will contact you for your card details and to discuss delivery.
You can either return your instrument in person, or send it. If you are able to return it in person, please contact us to arrange a mutually convenient day and time. We can be available 7 days a week by appointment.
If you need to send it, there are 2 options:
1. You can take it to a DPD drop off shop and they will then collect it, and return to us and charge the cost to our account which we will then deduct from your deposit. This varies between £9 and £29 depending on the instrument size and value. This includes insurance and tracking. Please click here for the shops available: http://www.dpd.co.uk/pickuplocator This avoids you having to wait in all day for collection. When you have chosen your shop, just email us the name and postcode of the shop you prefer and we will email you a return label to stick to the box. Halfords is the preferred option as some of the smaller shops will not accept larger boxes.
2. You can arrange your own courier as there are cheaper options available on the Internet but we would advise against Interparcel / Citylink / Hermes as they have lost 2 saxophones recently. It is a condition of the hire scheme that it is insured for the replacement value (you can find this on your rental agreement) in transit and that you use a signed for (tracked) service.
For each of these postage options, you will need to protect the sax well to avoid any damage. Please retain the cardboard box and bubble wrap that we send it in. We can arrange for replacement packaging to be sent to you for the cost of the postage (£9) if required. If you source your own, please find a cardboard box at least 5cm bigger than the sax case all around and pad it out with either bubble wrap or crumpled newspaper etc.
Please note that you are liable for the condition of the instrument until it returns. If it is not suitably protected, the insurance cover will not be valid.
If you choose to use your own carrier, please email us the tracking information the day you send it clearly showing the insurance cover.
If you would like to us to arrange it, please confirm the postcode and name of the most convenient collection shop.
For both options, please write our address on the cardboard box:
If possible, please try to retain the packaging and box in case you need to return the instrument. As a hire instrument, the cardboard box and bubble wrap is part of the complete hire package until sold. Boxes can be stored flat if necessary to save space.
However, if you need a box and can't find a suitable one yourself, we can supply replacement packaging for instrument returns for the cost of the postage (£9). Just let us know if you require a box sending out, and we will deduct the cost from your deposit.